Friday, March 20, 2015

Why I Dance



There are many reasons why people dance. To escape reality, to become something new to

express themselves. The Huffington Post went out to ask the top 39 dancers in the world why they dance. They asked dancers from the American Ballet Theater, Ballet San Jose, the Kansas City Ballet, Dance Theatre of Harlem, the Nashville Ballet, Abraham.In.Motion, the San Francisco Ballet and a children's studio in Hawaii.


To name a few of the famous dancers that took part in this is Maykel Solas, Alexandra, Basmagy, Kayla Rowser, Ommi Pipit-Suksun and my personal favorite Misty Copland. There answers were very true to the dancers they are. "I dance because I can become someone else on stage.", "I dance to be alive. Mind. Body. Spirit. And transmit that to others!", I dance because I want to make people FREE." and the quote that I liked the most was from Ryan Jolicoeur which said, "I dance because I have to.".


This dance campaign was really cool and I appreciate all the different responses that it got. All the answers show the influence dance has on people and how passionate a person can be about it. The 21st century gives dancers like me the ability to pursue it. There has been more and more opportunities for dancers with all the tv shows and the companies.


Sources- http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/18/whyidance_n_6344090.html

No comments:

Post a Comment